Filming with the Christmas spirit

 Today I captured me accessorizing a Christmas tree with the supplies I purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond. When I arrived home I organized all ornaments that I bought and lit a Christmas candle. I shot the flames blazing from the candle at a tilt angle. Then I placed string lights onto the tree and filmed myself twisting the light cords together. I then fluffed the tree to make it look more full and started grabbing the ornaments from there boxes. I recorded myself grabbing them from there boxes so that my audience could view the patterns along the ball. Afterwards, I shot the ball at a close up to encapsulate even more of the amazing details on the ornament. Next, I filmed myself placing the ornaments onto the tree with the string lights on. Later, I wrapped the garland around my stairwell and began placing the stocking on it. I videoed the process of putting the stocking on and the result of it. For the final recording I placed the camera into the tree and dragged it out to create a zoomed out movement. With this I was able to show the final product of the finished Christmas tree. Since all of these scenes were during the day I then shot at night. Filming at night allowed for the glamorous beauties of the tree to be revealed. I was able to capture the lights and ornaments glistening because of this. This whole process was difficult because I did not have a lot assistance. As a result of this, I had to film with one hand on the camera while was the other was performing an action. Although working alone on this portion of filming, coming together and combining the scenes will be very simple. The next step is to begin collaborating the clips. I am excited to utilize the skills I learned from the commercial and integrate them into the music video.


Comments